The Australian Payroll Association, or APA as it’s more commonly known, was formed with the goal of providing HR professionals in Australia and New Zealand with the education they need to be successful at their job. In addition to education, they provide networking opportunities, guidance on industry best practices, and other useful services to help members do their jobs more effectively. Let’s take a look at some of their main functions below.
- Support payroll professionals by developing and sharing knowledge and resources, and to promote standards in payroll best practice.
- Provide a safe, secure forum for community members to engage with peers from across Australia and around the world through learning events, networking opportunities, professional development programs and research projects.
- Assist employers, employees and their representatives in understanding the legal obligations and rights under relevant legislation such as federal awards or agreements which regulate wages and other terms and conditions of employment.
- Keep up-to-date on emerging issues or risks that may affect an organization’s payroll function or responsibilities associated with such functions, so as to mitigate potential impacts on employer’s business activities and performance.
Payroll associations exist to protect and serve their members. They do this by lobbying for new laws or regulations, educating employers on best practices, and providing services that help with compliance. The Australian Payroll Association (APA) is the national voice for payroll professionals in Australia. It is a not-for-profit organization which provides education and training programs, conferences, seminars, events, publications and other resources to support payroll professionals. In terms of advocacy, the APA lobbies governments on behalf of its membership. For example, it lobbied hard for both federal and state governments to extend superannuation contributions tax relief from three years to five years.
The five main functions of the APA are to:
– Develop a Code of Ethics and Conduct
– Develop a Professional Competency Framework for payroll professionals in Australia
– Provide professional development training and qualifications to its members
– Promote professionalism through education and advocacy.
The Australian Payroll Association is a membership-based organization that provides education, professional development and networking opportunities to its members. They offer certification programs in payroll and human resources management to help members develop skills and gain experience. The association also provides information, publications and tools such as templates, guides and calculators to assist employers with their payroll functions.
The Australian Payroll Association (APA) is a non-profit organization. The APA provides training, resources and support to payroll professionals and employers. It also promotes fair employment practices and encourages collaboration between the business sector and government agencies. Members are required to pay an annual membership fee.